Sunday, January 30, 2011

Random Observation...

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping - like I normally do on Saturday.  I have a random observation for you that I took away from my trip.

I've noticed in the past couple of weeks all of the sweet old(er) couples (Justin told me to say elderly - so PC correction), ELDERLY couples shopping together.

It makes my heart melt.

So after leaving Aldi, I told Justin that I couldn't wait to grow old with him.  Then I said that I could "wait" but that it was going to be wonderful.

God blesses us with our soul mate.  I believe everyday that Justin is mine.  I know that through everything that this life has thrown at us (and it seems never ending) there's always joy because I can walk through each day with him by my side.

Sometimes, it makes me sad to think about Matthew 22:28.  I wish that I knew what Jesus meant when He addressed marriage and how we'd be like the angels.  I've read that angels are so very interested in the workings of marriage because that is something that they don't have.  I can sometimes imagine when Justin & I are having those deep conversations and sharing our hearts with each other late at night that there's an angel - listening ever so carefully, soaking in everything that we say. 

I'm grateful.  Humble.  Undeserving. 

I hope that all of you readers have the incomparable joy in your marriage - even in the tough times - that we have.  Imperfections...yes...but imperfect, no. 


PS readers - pray for the Graviett family.  Mr. Roy died today.
Photobucket Share/Bookmark

No comments: