Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Marshall!

Today is Marshall's 5th birthday!  Yes, 5 years ago at this time, my water had been broken and I was preparing for my epidural.  Little did we know, 5 hours and 15 minutes later, we would have a bouncing baby boy that was 10 pounds 11 ounces!!

We celebrated Marshall's birthday yesterday with a Superbowl theme.  Marshall is all boy and was super excited for his football cake.




We always get Paige a gift, too.  And for her birthday, Marshall will receive one.  That way, she can join in on the opening fun.






Marshall is super content with just a Nerf gun.  Trust me.  But we threw in his very own pillow pet and a super cool RC car.





Justin tried to video tape the festivities - but luckily I had the camera.  He's a little to inpatient to check out the tape and make sure that he's not recording over our wedding video (throwback to Everybody Loves Raymond)



After enjoying some cake - the Nerf festivities began...and it was WAR.








Um...this is Marshall's birthday, right??

And as with any Nerf war at the Bradley House - tears were eminent.



I did, however, get a picture with my baby boy.  I love being his mom.  I love that the Father has entrusted me with this sweet child.  I'm thankful to have a son who says he will live with me forever.  And I know that there is a very special little girl out there right now that will one day be his wife.  I pray that her parents teach her to guard her heart and save herself for him.  I pray that he will grow to be a loving godly man, and that he will love Jesus more than he loves anything else (including me, ha!).  Thank you, Justin, for giving me this piece of us to sneak kisses to when he really doesn't want them.  And thank you Marshall, for letting me be your mom.
Happy Birthday, Marshall Pearse Bradley!


Photobucket Share/Bookmark

No comments: