Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (but not for my winner!!)

Have you ever read this book? Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  Ask me how my day was.

I have a very very very very very very very very very very stressful day job.  Really.  Do I need to explain how exhausted I am?

But, when I picked up my kids from school, you know what they said?

"Mom, I love you very much."

"I love you too mommy."

"I miss you when you're gone."

Priceless.  I beat myself up a lot because I'm a terrible disorganized mess at home.  I have plans to have menus posted (and I even tried to MAKE myself post them on this blog), but lately, I struggle to have time to sit down and just BREATHE.

The kids have cabin fever.  I have cabin fever.

Don't take me shopping, give me sunshine.  Green grass.  Flowers blooming and birds singing.

It seems that I want winter to come to have those warm cozy feelings, and then suddenly after January begins, I want to break out my Martha magazines, lawn books, plan my (super small) veggie garden, and just go O-U-T-S-I-D-E.

Winter seems to be the time when my stress levels skyrocket.  I get the most headaches.  My housekeeping suffers.

And days like this, well, they just make me want to crawl into bed and sleep for days.  I probably could.

But instead, Paige went as soon as I asked and grabbed her copy of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  So right now, we're going to read it.  Giggles from two toe-headed kids will ease my mind.  And I'll remember why I have a job that I very much DO like so that I can be home when they leave and when they get home from school.  Though there will be these Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days, I'm still mommy first.

PS, congrats to
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I tweeted it on my twitter @shelias***** sheliamoore2@*****.com Expect an email from me - you will have 48 hours from 5:00 PM Central time 1/4/11 to claim your prize or a new winner will be chosen.  Thanks to everyone for entering and spreading the word.  Think of all of the people who will be touched because you cared enough.  And thanks to Hamburger Helper through MyBlogSpark for the great giveaway.

*This post contains an Affiliate Link*

Photobucket Share/Bookmark

No comments: