Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happenings

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while.

I changed by template last night, though.  Did you notice?  And, I'm trying to get a new header & button - a little less amateur looking.

I've been reading and reading blogs since I've been on my little hiatus.  I actually started working in a new position and its taking some getting used to.  My blog schedule has completely been sidetracked and put on the back burner.  I'm off this week and I have SO much to do.  I wanted badly to participate in all of the Christmas Home Tour linky's all over the blogosphere, but its just not going to happen...on schedule anyway.  We finished up our shopping today and Justin has been off.  I have 2 & 1/2 days all to myself for the rest of the week.  I have a lot that I wish to accomplish!!!

I bought my first bottle of Mod Podge today.  I know, I know...its amazing that I've relied so much on the "stuff" that I can pick up for $20 at Hob Lob or Trees & Trends and never attempted to do my own.  This bottle has a specific use planned - Ashley over at Our Happily Ever Afters posted pics, and I fell in love with this:

(Photo Courtesy of Our Happily Ever Afters)

Isn't it just the sweetest?  Ours will be a little different and Justin actually cut a board for me and I cannot wait to get started.  After this past week, we need rules posted.  I don't know if its the anticipation of Christmas or what, but my kids have been little monsters...

BUT....I have come to a realization that I'm very happy to have.

I really like being domestic.

Do I confuse you?  Because probably, my post about the Manhattan lifestyle makes you think otherwise.  I just realized after this weekend that I don't like living fast.  Does that make sense?  I actually would rather curl up on my couch than be out until 1 in the morning.  I would rather wear an apron instead of high heels (that may not actually be 100% true, because I don't own an apron and do LOVE heels, but you get the point).  I baked all day yesterday.  I missed spending that time in my kitchen.

And you know what?

Justin said that he likes me best this way, too.

So I will try my HARDEST...not to complain about not having time to keep up with laundry, housework, and meals...and just make the time.  Yes, hunny, I love you.

Now, if I can just survive the next 2 weeks...

Photobucket Share/Bookmark

No comments: