Thursday, November 4, 2010

A New Series Beginning and a Tribute to My Faithful Companion

I'd planned on beginning a new "What's in Your Mailbox" series yesterday.

But unfortunately, I had to do something very very hard.  And if you have ever had to do it, you'll understand.

I had to let my beloved Manx, Renegade, drift into an eternal sleep. 

He hadn't been doing well for almost 2 weeks, and I just really couldn't take it anymore.  I'd thought yesterday that he'd gotten a little better, and I decided that I would take him to the vet.

But it was heartbreaking news that I received.  Dr. Brian Heuring is our vet, and he is wonderful - he is always honest and I trust his opinion.  Renegade had been diagnosed with diabetes over 5 years ago, and we have been through episodes where treatment was necessary and life saving.  I knew that if this was the end, that Dr. Brian would assure me and he did. 

I'd never had an animal as long as I'd had Renegade.  He was more than a pet to me - he had been with me through 16 years of my life.  Through his nose nuzzles and purrs, my heart was healed time and time again.  A faithful companion that never judged me and who never cared if I didn't live up to expectations.  I don't feel like I betrayed him, but I feel somewhat guilty that I didn't stay while he was put to sleep.  My selfishness didn't want to remember him dying.

I was apprehensive to do this post, but I'm a day off on my blog schedule and I felt like I needed to explain why. 

So, I'm gearing up for a series that will start next Monday.  It will be titled "What's in Your Mailbox?"  I will be sharing some highlights of the freebies and coupons that we receive in the mail.  If you do not follow a "coupon blog," I suggest the following:

Deal Seeking Mom
Money Saving Mom
Blessings N Couponing (for the Southeast Missouri area)

And the following Forum:
A Full Cup

Coupons can be printed from these sites:
Coupons.com
Redplum.com
CoolSavings.com
Smartsource.com


These are all wonderful outlets to sign-up for free offers and coupons.  Of course, I do not plan to make this a coupon blog...I just wanted to share some of the links and ways that we get offers in the mail.  Our mailbox is literally filled to the brim everyday.  I hope that you'll join me in posting a comment during the new series with your favorites that you receive!

So for now, I'll say good bye to my friend.  He'll be buried tonight. 



Photobucket Share/Bookmark

No comments: