#2 - Thank you Abby and Megan. Abby, I love your blog. I love being a little part of your life. I hope that one day I can meet you. Megan - my friend. Funny - I know you virtually also but we have such a kinship that I hope lasts forever. People like you don't just happen to me.
#3 - MyBlogSpark sent me a package to give-a-way forever and a day ago. I have been so entwined in the "Nobody cares" attitude that I really didn't want to write the post. But I'm going to. Because its a commitment and I'm not a quitter. I want to breathe new life into this blog. This post is a new beginning.
As a child, I loved books. As an adult, I feel I have very little time for fictional or non-fictional literature. I've been hugely disappointed in movies that I have experienced through my vivid imagination via the pages of a book.
I remember the Young Authors contests that we had at my school. I won first place for the "scariest" Halloween story one year. Don't ask - I can't even remember remotely what it was about but I'm sure that the paper is still tucked away in a box at my mom's marked "4th grade stuff."
My Paige is a WONDERFUL reader and story teller. She loves to read to Marshall and it is comical when he argues with her about what the book says.
Cheerios cereal has sponsored a dynamic New Author Contest program that will make authorship dreams come true for one lucky writer of a children's story by including their manuscript in Cheerios boxes and a publishing deal with Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing - and $5000.00!
March 22 - July 15, 2011, you can visit http://www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com/ to see if you have the "write stuff" to win this prize!
My kids are TOTALLY excited...because Cheerios through MyBlogSpark sent us a package that included a box of Cheerios that included the Cheerios 2009 New Author Contest winner Laurie Isop's book How Do You Hug a Porcupine? - AND a fantastic "create your own book" kit!! This is going to be a fantastic activity for this summer, so it has carefully been packed away in my crafting supplies - forgotten by the kids, but remembered fondly by me for when school is out!
So, thanks to Cheerios through MyBlogSpark, I can give away (1) identical prize pack to (1) lucky reader!!
This give-a-way will be FAST because it MUST be submitted tomorrow!!! So tell all of your friends, share on Facebook, and leave a comment!!
Methods of entry for this give-a-way are as follows (1 entry for each comment!!):
What is your MOST FAVORITE timeless children's classic? What do you think makes it so special?
If you were to write a children's book, what would you write about? Would it be about a lonely oak tree living in a forest? Would it be about Steve the policeman (Hi Steve!!)? You tell me!!
Share about this give-a-way and leave me a comment saying that you did! You can tweet it, Facebook it, blog about it, email it - spread the word and lets get some imagination flowing from the fingers of our friends for our children!!
This give-a-way will close on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 12:00 noon central time!! I must receive your information by 4:00 pm on May 24, 2011, so be sure to leave your email address and check it for the announcement of the winner NO LATER than 1:00 pm central!
Thanks again to Cheerios through MyBlogSpark for this opportunity to share about a program that will keep my children's imaginations alive. And for being one of our favorite breakfast treats. Seriously...





No comments:
Post a Comment